Basic Goods Trading Company provides refunds via our 30-Day Risk Free Guarantee on items purchased on www.basicgoodstrading.co. You must contact Basic Goods Trading Company within seven (7) days of receiving delivery and return the product within thirty (30) days of initial purchase (return shipping costs are not included). Shipping costs are not refundable.
Basic Goods Trading Company web servers automatically recognize and collect information only for internal review. Email addresses are not automatically collected.
Basic Goods Trading Company uses this information it collects to improve functionality, like search and site navigation. Basic Goods Trading Company does not share any information with third parties. Telephone numbers provided online will be called only when Basic Goods Trading Company has questions specific to your request.
If users provide their email or mailing address, Basic Goods Trading Company will send notifications, such as order confirmations, via email. Users may also receive occasional offers from Basic Goods Trading Company and special partners. Users may opt-out at any time.
Contact Basic Goods Trading Company to update or remove personal information.
The purpose of the code
Basic Goods Trading Company is committed to keeping personal information accurate, confidential, secure, and private. Our Corporate Privacy Code builds on this commitment.
- define how it subscribes to each principle
- modify details to provide specific examples
- include additional measures for the protection of personal information
Basic Goods Trading Company Privacy Code is based on the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information (CAN/CSA-Q830-96). As part of our mandate, Basic Goods Trading Company will continue to review its Privacy Code every two years to ensure it is relevant and up to date.
The ten privacy principles
- Principle 1 Accountability
- Principle 2 Identifying Purposes for which Personal Information is Collected
- Principle 3 Getting Consent
- Principle 4 Limits on Collecting Personal Information
- Principle 5 Limits for Using, Disclosing, and Keeping Personal Information
- Principle 6 Keeping Personal Information Accurate
- Principle 7 Safeguarding Personal Information
- Principle 8 Making Information About Policies and Procedures Available
- Principle 9 Individual Access to Personal Information
- Principle 10 Handling Complaints and Questions
- Basic Goods Trading Company is accountable for all information in its control. The Chief Privacy Officer is accountable for Basic Goods Trading Company compliance with the ten privacy principles.
- Basic Goods Trading Company recognizes that it is responsible for personal information in its possession or custody, including information that has been transferred to a third party for processing.
- Basic Goods Trading Company abides by the provisions of the federal law and assumes responsibility for doing so.
2. Identifying Purposes
- Basic Goods Trading Company makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that we specify the nature of the intended use of the data at or before the time the information is collected.
- Basic Goods Trading Company makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that organizations providing personal information to our clients have obtained consent from the consumer before disclosing this personal information.
- Basic Goods Trading Company ensures that all list and other media owners have provided their consumers with a meaningful opportunity to decline to have their name or other information used for any further marketing purposes by a third party.
4. Limiting Collection
- Basic Goods Trading Company makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that we limit the collection of the personal information on our lists to that which is necessary for the intended use as identified under Principle 2, Identifying Purposes.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
- Basic Goods Trading Company agrees to keep personal information only as long as necessary for the identified purposes. Formal guidelines and procedures to ensure the safe destruction or disposal of personal information no longer required are established and have been implemented.
- Basic Goods Trading Company keeps personal information on consumers as up-to-date as possible for the defined need.
- Basic Goods Trading Company takes responsibility for the protection of list data. This includes, but is not limited to, restricting physical access to data, organizational restrictions through security clearances on a “need-to-know” basis, and technological measures such as passwords and encryption. Care is also used in the disposal or destruction of personal information so as to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to this information.
- Basic Goods Trading Company is open and forthcoming about the policies and procedures it uses to manage personal information. Consumers have ready access to information about these policies and procedures. Basic Goods Trading Company makes every effort to ensure that the consumer easily understands personal information handling practices and procedures.
- The Chief Privacy Officer, accountable for Basic Goods Trading Company policies and practices relating to privacy, and to whom complaints or inquiries can be forwarded is as follows:
Basic Goods Trading Company
607-220 Brew Street
Port Moody, BC
V3H 0H6 Canada
- A copy of any information that explains Basic Goods Trading Company's privacy policies, standards, and practices is available upon written request at the above address.
9. Individual Access
- Basic Goods Trading Company will work with consumers, list, and other media owners to fulfill the right of the consumer to know of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and to provide access to that information.
- Basic Goods Trading Company will make all reasonable efforts to provide this information to the consumer upon request. The procedure for responding to consumers’ requests for access is available from the Chief Privacy Officer. When a consumer asks, Basic Goods Trading Company will make these procedures known to the consumer.
- The consumer must recognize that they are required to provide Basic Goods Trading Company with sufficient personal information that will allow us to determine whether we hold a personal information file pertaining to them. The provision of this information shall not be used for any other purpose.
- Basic Goods Trading Company will respond to a consumer’s request within a reasonable time and at minimal or no cost to the individual. In some cases, where Basic Goods Trading Company may have to incur significant and unreasonable costs to fulfill a consumer’s request, the consumer will be advised of this cost. The agreement will be obtained for payment by the consumer prior to Basic Goods Trading Company undertaking the work if the consumer is still interested in pursuing his or her request.
- If Basic Goods Trading Company denies a consumer’s request for access to personal information, we will tell the consumer why. The consumer may then opt to challenge the Basic Goods Trading Company decision (see Principle 10).
10. Challenging Compliance
- Consumers may challenge Basic Goods Trading Company compliance with its own privacy code. Basic Goods Trading Company has policies and procedures in place to receive, investigate, and respond to consumers’ complaints and inquiries. Information regarding these procedures and the complaint escalation process is available through the Basic Goods Trading Company Chief Privacy Officer.
Shipping charges are calculated at checkout. Shipping charges can vary depending on a number of factors including item quantity, size, weight, and destination. Under certain conditions, Basic Goods Trading Company may offer you free shipping*. Delivery times will vary depending on your location.
Your shipping location will determine the currency at which you are billed. Pricing for orders shipped to a location inside Canada will be listed in CAD. Pricing for orders shipped to a location inside the US will be listed in USD. Prices may adjust to your local currency if we offer transactions in that currency.
All prices are subject to applicable taxes/VAT. Import fees may apply for orders shipped to addresses outside Canada and the US. The customer is responsible for import fees.
Basic Goods Trading Company
607-220 Brew Street
Port Moody, BC
V3H 0H6 Canada